There’s no better picture to sum up this year’s entrepreneur mom journey. My kids are in it with me and I with them. Seb (8) is the self-declared Chief Marketing Officer (he loves to say CMO)….he tells everyone he meets about how I can help them become better leaders. Ben (19) is a bit more subtle, but is kicking beneath the surface getting it done as the LGL Summer Intern (be sure to tune in on Friday for the Frontline Festival for which he’s an integral part). I don’t normally dedicate a whole post to a podcast Interview, but my interview with Mary Kathryn Johnson of Parent Entrepreneur summed up the story so well, I felt it would be useful for any working parent… not just entrepreneurs. Listen Here
Why the Pic Describes the Entrepreneurial Mom Journey.
This pic was taken just before the 3 of us sang a customized-lyrics-changed rendition of Sunrise Sunset for my parents 50th anniversary party this weekend. Here’s how the pic’s a metaphor for the journey.
- It’s not easy (Seb’s broken arm)
- Ben’s always helping.
- It’s not elegant (I realized the new dress shirt didn’t fit over the cast, and in the mode of just about to give a party… hacked off the sleeve). Real Simple had a solution if I had more than 3 minutes to Google. Plus notice the stains on his face (lovely, I know… don’t tell Martha).
- We didn’t have enough rehearsals.
- Thank God for clutch players.
- We worked as a team.
- We made important and meaningful connection.
- We listened and blended.
- There was joy in the song, for the singers and for those we were hoping to touch.
Thanks for being on this journey as we work together to make a joyful noise.
Namaste. P.S. If you’re interested in leadership and parenting, you can also download our FREE ebook, A Parent’s Guide to Leadership from the sidebar. For more of our family’s extended shenanigans.