If you’re like many leaders we talk with, you’ve been on such a fast pivot this year, that you may not have had all the strategic planning time you’d hoped for. Or, your business has changed so much, it’s the perfect time to take a breath and prioritize what’s next.
And yet, it can all feel like a lot. Where do you start?
Use This Strategic Planning Conversation Starter To Get Your Team Talking
Focus on the 5 Cs
Today we’re sharing a tool we use in our leadership programs to help leaders think strategically about their business and prioritize the next steps. You can download it for free here to assist with your strategic planning conversations.
- To start, give each member of your team a copy of the 5Cs assessment in advance of your strategic planning session.
- Then take each of the five categories and calibrate your individual assessments around the five strategic areas.
- Clarity: We know where we’re going and how we will get there.
- Capacity: We invest in building our people, systems, and tools.
- Commitment: We keep our promises.
- Curiosity: We ask great questions and take appropriate risks.
- Connection: We trust one another and invest in our mutual success.
- You’ll likely come up with more strategic areas to focus on than time to address them. Here’s where the prioritization comes in. Consider what will have the biggest strategic impact and focus your planning there.
Let’s Grow Leaders 5 Cs Strategic Planning Tool
This strategic planning tool is just the beginning of the conversation. We’d love to talk with you more about your planning efforts and how we might help. Just give us a call at 443-750-1249 or drop us a note at [email protected].
End of Year Meetings: How to Make Yours Remarkable
Own the U.G.L.Y. Four Strategic Conversations to Have by Year End
Virtual Kick-Off Meeting: Why You Should Have One and How to Make it Great