If you’re looking to have a better relationship with your manager, start here.
“Hi Karin, I’ve been applying a lot of the tools and techniques I’ve learned in your leadership development program, and I’m getting some nice momentum. And, now I’m wondering do you think any of these techniques could work in building a better relationship with my boss? #Askingforafriend
6 Ways to Build a Better Relationship with Your Manager
The short answer is yes, yes, yes! If you want to build a better relationship with your manager, all these tools will help in one way or another. But, let’s start here.
- Get to know your manager as a human being.
- Align your work with their MIT (Most Important Thing).
- Reflect to connect.
- Consider the competence-confidence model.
- Invite them to share their ideas.
- Take accountability for your mistakes.
Your turn. What are your best practices for developing a better relationship with your manager?