“Cock your hat. Angles are attitudes.” -Frank Sinatra
I believe in large team “kickoffs” to inspire, energize and align. We pull together all 500-1000 people in each location to share vision, strategy, and goals. Each one is a bit different. There’s always strategy and slides… but each team takes a unique spin to recognition, costumes, dancing and songs…it can get pretty interesting.
Serious silliness inspires and motivates.
But there’s always the downside (see Face Time or Face Time). Time away from family, complex childcare, airport food… Each week we have choices with our attitude. We can view our life as an adventure or an ordeal.
The Attitude of Adventure
This week is an adventure because…
- It’s a great platform to inspire leadership at all levels
- We will touch many hearts and minds
- We get to talk about strategy and how folks fit in
- My team and partners are working hard
- Silliness at work is fun
- Creativity begets creativity
- We will learn much, and each kickoff will improve
- Every kickoff will be different
- Recognition matters
- ? TBD
The Attitude of Ordeal
It’s an ordeal because…
- A gazillion hours on airplanes
- Everything stuffed into a carry-on for tight connections
- Missing parent’s day at school
- Getting 5 am childcare, when my husband has overnight firefighter shifts
- Airport food
- Finding time to sleep or exercise
- I’m worried about my mom
- My “day job” carries on… there will be much work to do on airplanes, evenings, and weekends
- ? TBD
The truth is… every day has elements of adventure and ordeal.
I’ll post updates of the adventure on the Let’s Grow Leaders Facebook Page