A Manager's Guide to Getting Results—Without Losing Your Soul
It can feel like a rigged game. Executives set impossible goals, so managers drive their teams to burnout trying to deliver. Employees demand connection and support, so managers focus on relationships and fail to make the numbers.
The fallout is stress, frustration, and disengagement, and not just among team members―two-thirds of managers report being disengaged. To succeed, managers need balance: they must push people to achieve while creating an environment that makes them truly want to. Winning Well offers a quick, practical action plan―complete with examples, stories, online assessments, and more―for getting the results you need.
Managers learn how to:
- Stamp out the corrosive win-at-all-costs mentality
- Focus on the game, not just the score
- Reinforce behaviors that produce results
- Set clear expectations―delegating outcomes rather than focusing on process
- Celebrate even small successes
- Correct poor performance using the INSPIRE accountability method
- Demonstrate confidence and humility
- Energize teams to sustain excellent performance
Looking for the actionable tools mentioned in Winning Well?
Find them in the Winning Well Toolkit!
The Winning Well Toolkit includes:
- The Winning Well Model
- Check for Understanding
- Expectations Matrix
- Meetings Checklist
- Confidence and Competence
- INSPIRE Accountability Method
- Coaching Conversations Guide
- Leadership Credo
- Building a Better Relationship with Your Boss
OUR GIFT TO YOU...
The Winning Well Toolkit
GET THE TOOLKIT
Today’s hyper-competitive economy has created tense, overextended workplaces. Keep it productive, rewarding, and even fun with this one-stop success kit. Join thousands of leaders who benefit from using the Winning Well Toolkit, a valuable resource for growing your leadership skills.
Are you winning well?
TAKE THE WINNING WELL ASSESSMENT
The Winning Well self-assessment tool will give you a snapshot of your management focus, values, and behaviors as well as a roadmap of how you can build on your strengths to get results - without losing your soul. The assessment takes just 5-10 minutes on your mobile phone, tablet or desktop.
Winning Well Videos
“Winning Well challenges the common win-at-all-costs mentality, offering specific tools and techniques for managers to achieve lasting results while remaining a decent person. This is a practical resource for inspiring teams and developing leaders.”
– Adam Grant, Wharton professor and New York Times bestselling author of Give and Take and Originals