Inc.’s Top 100 Most Innovative Leadership Speakers Karin Hurt and David Dye are perfect when you want an engaging project management keynote speaker who will inspire your team with proven approaches they can apply immediately for breakthrough results.
When you hire a project management keynote speaker, you need a speaker who will transform your people and give them practical tools to take action. It’s not enough to leave everyone energized and feeling good – your leaders and teams need inspiration that leads to lasting change. You need a keynote speaker with real-world leadership experience and the ability to translate that experience into behavior.
Award-winning authors Karin Hurt and David Dye bring practical inspiration to your keynote stage. Karin and David bring decades of experience as executives who transformed organizations and achieved breakthrough results. In their project management keynote programs, they share inspirational stories combined with highly practical strategies leaders at every level can use right away to ignite their teams and transform their results.
You can bring either Karin or David to your conference as an individual leadership keynote speaker or Karin and David can share the stage for a unique keynote experience. Your leaders and teams will gain greater insight into how they can achieve breakthrough results – without losing their soul. Keep reading for descriptions of our most popular project management keynote programs.
Becoming a More Strategic Project Manager
What differentiates a GOOD project manager from a GREAT one? Two critical skills: strategic thinking and influence. In this strategic, highly interactive project management keynote you will learn and practice tools and techniques for becoming a more strategic project manager.
We will start with 8 foundational leadership behaviors guaranteed to build your influence and impact, and then work with practical tools to help you take your strategic influence to the next level.
- Mind the MIT: (the Most Important Thing) that contributes to consistent, breakthrough results
- Play the Game: don’t game the score. Use data to drive, and not drown, your team
- Own the UGLY: eliminate the most common productivity killers
- Ditch the Diaper Genie: correct poor performance without drama
- Put People Before Projects: quickly build a more competent and confident workforce
- Rock Your Role: leverage your strengths to make a unique contribution to the organization
- Channel Challengers: build better relationships – up, down, and sideways
- Trust the Trenches: know the people closest to your customer or product and what they have to say
“Their delivery style, real-world stories, and innovative concepts kept this audience engaged. The feedback from the leaders is that they gained takeaways they could immediately apply in their volunteer and professional roles – including tools and templates. I would hire Karin and David again to improve the skills of people who manage in any capacity."
-Linda Jones, PMI Leadership Institute
MASTERING THE ART OF TOUGH CONVERSATION
Do you have a tough conversation you need to have, but are avoiding at all costs?
Have you ever regretted not having the tough conversation, as you watched someone you truly care about repeat a pattern that severely impacted your project, team, or business?
Is your project team speaking with the candor they need to own the ugly problems in your organization and make the best decisions?
Mastering the art of the tough conversation is the key to moving forward and on past difficult moments. Karin and David share their Winning Well model of tough conversations during this invigorating project management keynote program.
- Understanding the conversation you must have with yourself
- Tools to solve 90% of your tough conversations before they happen
- How to ‘Ditch the Diaper Genie’ and have the conversations you need to have
- The I.N.S.P.I.R.E. method of delivering tough feedback
- The Competence/Confidence Model for meeting employees where they are
- Own the U.G.L.Y. method to ask strategic questions that get to the heart of the conversation
“David and Karin worked really well with our team. It was almost uncanny how relevant the content was – perfect for our team and the issues that we face on a day-to-day basis.”
-Sean Barrett, VP Product Management, Albertsons
Seven Ways to Turn Your Volunteers Into Brand Ambassadors
Great commercials, strong PR, a brilliant social media strategy all warrant effort when building your PMI chapter’s brand. But there's no better PR than an army of loyal volunteers and employees living and breathing your brand. You know the type – individuals with enthusiasm bursting from their veins – talking up your chapter with their friends and colleagues at every work event, family gathering, and sporting event they attend. "No, I'm telling you PMI changed my life! Or “I'm so sorry you had that experience, it's not usually like that."
Yes, you can define your brand and advertise it. But don't overlook the power of your volunteers as brand ambassadors. Our best people want to be part of the inner circle. To build sustainability and strengthen your competitive advantage, increase ownership by treating your volunteers as owners of your brand. In this high-energy program, you'll learn seven ways to get both your volunteers and members advocating for your brand. The added bonus is that these can also be used for your employees!
- Be the Brand: Live the values, be the experience
- Be Bold: Build a compelling, articulate vision of who you serve and how
- Be Focused: Communicate what matters most and why
- Be Buttoned Up: Develop a consistent cadence of clear accountability and execution
- Be Engaging: Create opportunities for micro-engagement and sharing
- Be Open: Actively solicited input and look for ways to improve
- Be Connected: Invest in developing genuine human
“Karin and David bring executive leadership experience and they know what they’re talking about. We have a common language that all leaders can use. Leaders at every level are empowered and truly owned the vision and the way forward.”
-Carl Lytikainen, VP Customer Service, Mindbody
PROJECT MANAGEMENT BREAKOUT SESSIONS
R.E.A.L. CAREER FOUNDATIONS WORKSHOP
Results | Energy | Accountability | Learning
Are you looking to become a more influential project manager? Are you frustrated that
In this highly-interactive career foundations workshop you will develop fundamental communications and career skills that help project managers succeed faster. Highlights of this workshop include:
- The V.O.I.C.E. technique for positioning your ideas
- Building powerful peer relationships and a network of trust
- Accepting accountability and owning bad news
- Words that weaken— and what to say instead
- Building trust, up down and sideways
- The R.O.I. of gratitude
- Building a better relationship with your boss
MASTERING THE ART OF THE TOUGH CONVERSATION "DEEP DIVE"
In this ‘hands-on’ workshop, participants will have the opportunity to focus on their own real-life tough conversations, apply and practice the tools and techniques they received during the keynote, and receive expert feedback. In addition, Karin and David will share more tough conversation methods and tools including:
- The A.R.T. of advanced accountability
- How to respond when people continue to perform poorly
- What to do with repeated violations of your trust
- What to do with passive aggressive, manipulative, and other irritating behaviors
- How to have a tough conversation with your boss, board, or significant other
After this session you’ll be equipped to transform your life, work, and relationships.
“Dynamic and engaging...definitely one of the top 10 speakers that I’ve heard in my 40+ years. Highly recommended to speak at any event seeking interaction, practical knowledge and relevant application for any organization.”
-Roy Burton, Chief Financial Officer, PMIWDC, Ass’t Director, Treasury Inspector General