You know I was talking to another friend about this and she said, “but your life looks so perfect on Facebook.”
I took a quick look at her Facebook page. Of course it did. It’s Facebook. Who wants to put their troubles out there for the world to see? All those great pics are absolutely true. Much in her life is fantastic. And, like every single one of us, other parts are messy.
So What’s This Got To Do With Leadership?
As leaders we work hard to present a “together” image. How this shows up varies on the organization, context and culture.
- the right shoes
- perfectly organized meetings
- perfectly put together wardrobes
- perfectly polished speeches
- stories of how your bold career moves worked out just right
- an office full of awards
- happy pictures of your happy family
I’ll pause here to let you fill in the blank for your world. What is your organization’s equivalent to “looking good on Facebook.” Continue Reading…