You had a great year… you worked hard, you achieved results, and learned along the way. Great… now what can you discard?
2013 will bring new challenges, exciting initiatives and inspiring ideas. With that will come more work, new project plans, and of course new metrics and reporting. The new initiatives will come on fast and furious, likely with sizzle and inspiration.
Your days were already full… no matter how refreshed you feel, you cannot add more stuff, without discarding what has become clutter. Your team can’t either.
How can you empower them to discard?
What Can You Discard?
Before the new year excitement…
Make some room.
Ask some good questions.
Push back to others as needed.
Be sure your team is doing what matters.
What Goals No Longer Serve?
- What was important in 2012 that no longer aligns with the evolving vision?
- What are you pursuing because you always have?
- What are you doing because it feels good and comfortable?
What Must Stop?
- Revisit your team’s daily routine. Are all tasks still vital? How do they align with your 2013 goals?
- What tasks have become less important?
- What agendas are others still pushing which no longer align with your vision and goals?
- What can you stop doing?
What Metrics No Longer Serve Your Vision?
- What reports haven’t been used in months?
- What metrics have become less vital?
- If you were only able to measure 3 things, what would they be? Why?
- What other questions should you be asking????
How Must You Evolve?
- How has your team matured?
- Which leadership behaviors are no longer needed?
- What do they need most from you this year?
It's free, thought-provoking, and practical. Rest assured that I will never sell your e-mail address.