Today I offer my grace of thanksgiving for all that I have been given. I also whisper a humble grace for the messy work that is helping me to become.
May you too be blessed in your grappling this Thanksgiving.
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today I am deeply grateful for…
- My caring husband who believes in possibilities
- My children who amaze me with their insights, caring hearts and contributions
- My extended family and pit crew who make my work possible
- My creative and tenacious team who accomplished what most believed could not be done
- An opening heart leading to deepening relationships
- A social media infrastructure that makes it possible for me to collaborate with leaders from around the world
- Amazing new connections now growing into friends, mentors and supporters
- Saying yes
But also surprisingly grateful for..
- Time stuck in airports
… giving me time to think
- Realizing my strengths have downsides
… which is forcing me to fine-tune
- Feeling a bit stuck
… which is causing me to consider
- Choices that ticked me off
….which reaffirmed my values
- Being too busy
… which is forcing me to prioritize
- Friends and colleagues who are grappling too
… so we can work on this junk together
Gratitude is tricky.
It’s easy to feel full of thanksgiving for the good parts. It’s a bit harder to feel grateful for the messy and uncomfortable aspects of our lives.
Perhaps that’s exactly the work for which we should be most grateful.
May you find a strange peace and joy in your grappling this Thanksgiving.